Berkley Specialty Underwriting Managers is seeking a General Liability Claim Examiner to join our growing team in Jersey City. This position is responsible for reviewing, processing, investigating, evaluating, negotiating and the settling of assigned property damage or minor bodily injury claims for our Environmental division with the authority level generally up to $50,000.
- Complete coverage analysis
- Conduct the necessary investigation, either by phone, or through independent adjusters, to determine coverage, liability and damages.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and settle assigned property damage or minor bodily injury claims within authority granted, or seek authority for those claims in excess of authority.
- Resolve coverage disputes with insureds and agents
- Prepare coverage opinion letters
- Obtain all required adjuster licenses within 90 days
- Under supervision travel to attend trials, mediations, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years relevant GL claim handling experience
- Multi state experience preferred
- Litigation experience preferred
- Some adjuster licenses preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Some travel may be required
If you are qualified and want to join an exciting and growing company, please apply at