Berkley Specialty Underwriting Managers is seeking a Senior General Liability Claims Examiner for our Irving, Texas location. This position, under limited supervision, will conduct in-house desk investigations on automobile accident claims and general liability claims involving bodily injury, property damage, including total losses, and personal & advertising claims. Position is responsible for managing all assigned claims to conclusion, including litigation; and makes recommendations for resolution and litigation management as appropriate. Has contact with agents, claimants and policy holders.
- Responsible for completing coverage analysis, investigations, evaluations and settlements on first and third party auto and general liability claims, including property damage.
- Responsible for assigning independent adjusters, conducting investigations, and providing direction to independent adjusters.
- Responsible for evaluating liability for settlement or defense and negotiating settlements if appropriate. Evaluates damages, sets up medical record reviews or independent medical examinations, attends mediations as needed and managing litigated files to conclusion.
- Reviews outside vendor bills for payment and contacts vendors to discuss billing questions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and / or relevant claims handling experience with at least 10 years of experience of progressive responsibility in a similar claims role (commercial auto and general liability experience preferred).
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to draft communications that are clear, concise, complete and professional.
- Negotiation skills mandatory, and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates organizational skills while working on multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and general computer skills.
If you are qualified and want to join an exciting and growing company, please apply at